SL Shopping, Inventory organizing, learning new skills

 But first...

Latest updates on "the project".  I might just have to rewrite the whole thing...  When I originally wrote this, I didn't think I would ever need a UI for this, so it has been written as a console application.  No that does not mean Xbox or PS5, it means, it runs in a command prompt box, text  only, no buttons to click.  And to be perfectly honest, it does work as intended.  The challenge is to find a way to display its current status without having to use external application, such as a web browser, or a SQL management app, to pull queries from the database.  So, it might be rewritten as a full form app.  The other reason for wanting to rewrite this is that as it goes along, I can think of other interesting ways I could do this. For instance, if I wanted to have the bot do a specific thing and then resume operations, I cannot do that. The only way I could is to stop it from running, update the code, and run it again. It works, but it's definitely not efficient, nor convenient.  

What triggered this is that I made some changes to the data being gathered this week. Which means that the 25000 or so avatars that have already been processed need to have that portion added to it before I can continue with adding new ones.  It's basically re-running the data gathering on those avatars, even tho I already have most of the information, except for the new added fields.   It would have been a great opportunity to have an option to select that would perform this particular task.

Learning new skills.

Thanks to very good friend of mine, I am now starting to learn how to make modification on the mesh avatars. It's not nearly as complicated as it seems. But it is a learning curve. I'm having a lot of fun though. I'm also learning how to make outfits, modified them., and change the appearance. The end result is I look a whole lot better than I used to. Or at least I think so.

Shopping.

I never enjoyed shopping. I never liked it in real life and I never liked it in second life either. I think part of it is because I find it difficult to stay organized and. Put certain outfits together, knowing all the good places to shop. But I'm learning and I'm discovering new places as well. Thanks to the same friend that's been helping me with changing my looks.

Organizing my inventory.

So. A lot of my challengers come to keeping my inventory organized, not having duplicates, grouping things in a way that makes sense.  So I've been doing a little bit of research and came across a couple of things that seemed to use a web interface to help you organize your outfits in your clothing and all that. But it involves taking pictures of your outfits, putting labels on them and trying to put them in a closet of sorts, and I'm not too sure I understand the details, but. I'm going to do more research and we'll see what I can come up with and I will report back in here.

This is it for today. Short and sweet. I got more shopping to do.

And don't forget, if you want to help on that project, the details are on the earlier post that gives the rundowns of how it works. So have a look at it and drop me a note if you want to give me a hand.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The first post is always awkward

A bit more on addictions...